Gather your team
- Teams can be 1, 2, or 3 persons – maximum of 3.
- Make sure members are 21 years old – there’s going to be lots of wine tasting!
- Come up with a fantastic team name, this could win you a bottle of wine!
- Online: www.avalongeneral.com
- Make sure to put your team’s name in the notes section during checkout.
- Each team member will sign up individually, $35 per person
- Theme for May 25th: CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- Purchase 3 bottles of the SAME wine. Must be the standard 750 ml size. Wine in a box, can, or oddly large will NOT be allowed.
Let’s pull some corks!
Bring yourself, your team, ID and most importantly your WINE
- Check in starts at 5:30.
- You will hand off your wine and get voting ballots.
- We will cover and tag 2 of your wines in preparation for the battle.
- The 3rd bottle is put aside for the end of the battle.
Get to know the beneficiary and your opponents
- While our team sets up:
- Enjoy a ‘donation bar’ that benefits the noted organization.
- Hear from the beneficiary and the hosts.
- Mix and mingle with your opponents.
CORK OFF – BATTLE OF THE BOTTLES
This is the easiest and best part…
- Walk around and taste the wines.
- TASTE, this is not a chugging contest!
- Make notes on your ballot as you work through all the wines.
- Enjoy the complementary bites of foods and bottles of water.
- Snap some pictures in front of the photo wall.
- Dance to the music.
- Listen for the DJ to call for ballots.
- Mark your ballots and turn in, one entry per person.
- We will tally and announce.
And the Winning Team is…
- The team that brought the winning wine will be awarded all but one of those third unopened bottles.
- The team that brought the wine with the least votes will take the walk a shame and pick up their bottle to take home!